Sunday, January 18, 2009

2 Week Update


Well, it has been a rough couple of days...I got mastitis (a breast infection).  Let me tell you, this has got to be one of the worst things ever!  I would have rather given birth again than to go through this!  For days my temperature kept going up near 103, I had the worst aches and pains all over my body, including the worst headaches I've ever had, chills, sweats, breast pain, nausea....ugh...it's bad.  I'm feeling a lot better, but not 100% yet.  I can't wait for that!
To top that off, I had an internship phone interview during all of this.  It was not pleasant, but hope it went well anyway.
On a good note, Griffin is doing great!  At his first pediatricians appointment, he weighed 6 lbs 15 oz.  This means that he lost about 2 oz. a day after he was born, but apparently that is good for breast-fed babies.  Everything else at the first appointment went well.  The doctor commented on how much he looks around and focuses on things.  She called him "an old soul".  She also commented on his large feet.  :)  
10 days later (today) he had his 2 week appointment.  The doctor said he looks great.  And he's up to 7 lbs 15 oz!  He's also grown an inch since his birth.  He's now 20.5 inches long.  
He's such a cutie, I'm so in love.  







1 comment:

Team HA said...

I'm so sorry you don't feel well. Just make Cory breastfeed for you.