Thursday, October 30, 2008

30 Weeks

I'm 30 weeks tomorrow.  It's crazy how fast time is flying!  Only 10 more weeks til our due date.  I go to the doctor on Wednesday.  After that, I'll be going to the doctor every two weeks until the last month when I go every week.  

I had my glucose test done a couple weeks ago, but I haven't heard the results.  Hopefully I pass and don't have gestational diabetes...it would not be fun to give up brownie sundaes.  :)  At my last appointment I also got a RhoGAM shot.  I got this because I am Rh- and the baby may be Rh+...this will prevent complications that could happen if our blood mixes...that's how I understand it anyway.  I'll get another shot following delivery too.

Also at the last appointment, I saw a different doctor.  He made me nervous that I would have to have a c-section because of the spinal fusion I had in 1999.  I contacted the surgeon who performed this surgery though and he thinks that based solely on that operation, I should still be able to go ahead with a vaginal birth.  I know I've had more back problems since then (herniated discs) and I don't want to mess anything up, but I would really like to try to have a natural birth if possible.  

What else?  I have sent out 1/3 of the internship applications I will be sending out.  7 out of 21.  I'm applying to 21 different sites in 17 different states.  Who knows where we'll end up!  

Tomorrow is Halloween.  I'd love to dress up because when else will I be pregnant on Halloween, but I can't decide on a costume.  I'm so indecisive.  What I'm NOT indecisive about though is that I now HATE cooking.  I used to love cooking, but it is no fun anymore.  And I'm super uncomfortable afterwards.  Blah!

Here's my 30 Week picture, sorry it's a little fuzzy...




1 comment:

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Holy cow! I still can't believe you guys are about to be parents! I'll probably keep saying that for several months after the baby is born. I wish we could come see you. Hang in there (like you really have a choice)!